Friday, February 11, 2011

Cupid...

I am so excited today that I can hardly sit still!!!! My other gets here this afternoon and I just can't wait to dive into his arms. It's been a rocky road for us and one of lots of learning but things are great. Better than ever. Long distance is not easy...it's not fun...it makes things very difficult. It has been the root of many of our problems but when it's all said and done, we have finally figured out what we want and how we can get there!

It's the everyday things that I look forward to the most. I can't wait to just sit on the couch with him. I can't wait to go grocery shopping and run errands. Sure, we have some special stuff planned, but it's the everyday things that we look forward to the most. Those are the things we talk about constantly. It's not about doing trips, or special dinners, or anything else of the sort. For us, it's about being in the same place for longer than three days. Having coffee together. Reading our book together (The Road Less Traveled). Going for walks with the dogs. Going to the gym. Picking the girls up from school and doing homework. The little stuff that makes a relationship a relationship.

So, I am totally excited and elated and giddy today! We finally learned how to take the pressure off and just be us. There has been no more fighting, no more pressures to move, no other people for either of us and no drama. That is so nice.

So, here's to a great week ahead and a great weekend for everybody!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment