Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Long Night...

My ass is dragging. Literally. One, because I am exhausted from a bad D night. Two, because I have tackled and taken out every sweet this week that has been put in front of me...so my ass is literally dragging about two inches lower than usual since every dessert has attached itself there. Ugh.

So, last night....I am not sure if last night was brought on by yesterday or by last night. Confusing, right? It's diabetes and it has a mind of its own. Lily had her Thanksgiving Day luncheon at school yesterday only it wasn't during lunch, it was an hour and a half AFTER lunch...just for shits and giggles. So bolusing her for the luncheon was not easy nor was it fun. I didn't have the food in front of me since I was at work and no one could tell me the portion sizes so I did as much research as I could and estimated. Apparently, not well. She was over 300 in the afternoon and was at a playdate. I had her go ahead and correct herself. I then picked her up and we met another friend for Mexican food...not the wisest food choice but hey, I have yet to EVER turn down fajitas and a strawberry margarita so I had a selfish moment.

I bolused her for the amount of carbs I usually bolus her for and thought I did a good job...until I went to bed. She was 198 when I put her in bed at 8:30. I checked her at 11 and she was 356! UUUGHHHH. I bolused her a small amount to see if she'd come down and set the alarm for my usual 2 AM check.

At 2, she was 396. WTF? I checked ketones, .2 so I didn't think it was her pod at this point. I was damning myself for the stupid margarita. We should have had edamame or something glucose friendly. I had to give her insulin, which meant I had to get up again at 4 because I am too paranoid to give her insulin in the middle of the night and just go back to blissfully sleeping. At 4, she was 206. Phew. I stumbled back to my bed, climbed in, and laid there staring at the ceiling until 5:30. Oh. My. God. Once I fell asleep, the dog woke me up at 6:32 to pee. I threw in the towel, got out of bed, got coffee, and got my dragging ass in gear for work.

Sooooo tired. Just another day in the life! And I'm thankful there is another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment