Monday, August 30, 2010

The Separation...

Today's post is not necessarily on diabetes but on marriage. I have been married for almost 10 years and have just recently separated from my husband. There are so many life changes taking place that it is overwhelming, scary, sad and exciting. I am going to go back to work. I might be single again. My kids are going to be shuffled from house to house for awhile if not forever. So many things to consider and so many things to take in. I have never been very good with change. I am a creature of habit and like for things to be comfortable.

My husband and I are best friends. We have grown up together so this is not a nasty split. There is still love and respect for each other. I'm just trying to figure out if there is any sort of romantic relationship left to salvage. I can't tell if I am numb from years of no affection or if I am totally not in love anymore.

When Lily was diagnosed with diabetes, we quit sleeping in the same room and that has been a huge thing for us. It became normal to us to sleep this way so that we could check her at night. I didn't realize how lonely I had become. I didn't realize how unhappy we both were as a couple. I didn't realize it until the beginning of this year.

So, I am hopeful that life has nothing but good things to offer both of us. I am also hoping that some sort of clarity will be provided to me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment