Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Stupid, Idiotic, NON-waterproof Dexcom...

Seriously? How many times is it going to take for me to realize that the Dexcom is NOT waterproof? As I was sitting here at my laptop daydreaming away on Facebook...my daughter's Dexcom was getting a nice, little bubble bath in my washing machine. The buzzer went off, I went in to switch the clothes to the dryer and boom...Dex hit the floor (insert many expletives here that should have not been murmured in front of the children).

You see, just a mere couple of months ago, Dexcom took a swim during a swim team practice. Lily walked up and tried to hand it to me and I said, "Wait until it's time to get in so that I can see your number." Well, she waited but I never asked for the number and she jumped in. A moment later, she walked up carrying a very soaked, very ruined Dexcom. I called the company and they were "kind" enough to give me a replacement for only $400.00. Gee, thanks. So, I figured that was the last time Dex would get wet!

Well, we went swimming again yesterday and Lily had the Dex in her pocket. I threw her clothes in our swim bag. When we got home, the Dexcom sensor fell off and I was out of them. So, we had no choice but to take a break from the Dex. This brings us to an hour ago. I grabbed the swim bag and everything inside to wash. It never occurred to me that Dex was in there too, awaiting its fate.

I called Dexcom customer service and they were not so nice this time around. Apparently, you get one shot to drench the Dexcom. Water damage is not covered. This time, they want $649.00 to replace it. Oh. My. God. Next post may be about divorce. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment